Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympics Days are Gone!!

It seems so long ago that Vancouver was trying to get the Olympic to come to their city. 2010 seemed so futuristic to me. It is hard to believe that the games are over.
My heart is fill with love for my home country of Canada. Watching Vancouver brought back years and years of good memories.
I am not usually a huge watcher of the Olympics. I am not a sports fan. I do like watching the figure skating. This year I watched bits and pieces of everything. My husband is a junky!! And come on it was in Canada...and to top it off BC.
It was weird watching this year from Utah. They focus on the Americans... surprise..surprise. But the Olympics taught a lot about Canadians. I loved it. I loved that the news was teasing a bit about how Canada has never won a gold on Canadian soil. I loved that Canada made them eat their words by taking the most golds. A joy in my heart for sure!
I loved that I could follow the torch traveling through towns on facebook. Seeing pictures of friends watching it pass by. Seeing the pride of Canada in their faces.
I am a proud Canadian..even though I am living in the USA. I have always felt that Canada did not show pride in their nation. I am so happy that finally Canada was loud and proud. The streets were full of red and white. Maple leafs abound!
Thank you to all Canadians for being you. For making our city look great. Wish I could have been there. But my heart sure was! GO CANADA GO!!!
ps-loved that Canada took gold in hockey!! It was a memory of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment