Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bulpitt Bucks

I hate housework. I hate fighting kids to get housework done. So last night I made Bulpitt bucks. I spent hours making currency $1, $3, $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. Each person got their beautiful picture on a money amount. I'm a $50!! The kids loved it and are excited to get jobs!! It makes me happy. I actually stole the whole idea from my brother and I stole all his rules, chores and everything. Now fighting, name calling, not brushing your teeth all cost you. But good grades, helping out, brushing your teeth etc. you get money!! The kids are excited but it's a ton of organization and I am hoping I am up for it. I think I need to be charged if I don't follow through.
So right now I am trying to figure out how much to sell items for them to buy with Bulpitt bucks. My brother rips his kids off but they still work hard. My kids were already complaining about his rip off prices. I figured out he charges $25 for an fudge ice cream bar. Robbery? I don't know I guess it depends on how much they can make a day. My brother has been doing it a while and his kids make a lot of money. But mine could lose it all. For example- All the money was made and my kids wanted to have some. So they cleaned the kitchen table, stoves, counters, swept, tidied the kitchen. It was great then a little tiff broke out. My daughter hit the other daughter with the broom. I said,"that hit just cost a dollar." She got mad and hit her again. This continued for a bit and I realized that they may owe me money everyday. I may never have to pay out. And I have been stocking up on cheap stuff for them to buy in the Bulpitt store. Anybody want to buy some tiny cheapo speakers to plug into your equiptment with a headphone jack, or how about some lights that are on elastic for your fingers, or some yummy cookies. They are really cheap...just come on over and work at my house for a bit. As long as I don't have to do it...

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea but don't know if I could put the work into that it needs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, I could only dream of being that organized. When you get it fool proof, you can sell it to me!! Can I clean your house to get some Bulpitt Bucks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea, totally love it!!! I was using poker tokens but might need to steel your idea and change to Wales Woney...

    ReplyDelete